The deadline for sending us your paid 2290 or Federal Highway Use Tax is January 9, 2012.  We must have copies of them so we can start the license renewal process.  Please scan, mail or fax them to the Permit Department as soon as possible.


The end of the year permit packages were mailed to our contractors Friday, December 16th.  If your truck is permitted for the System fleet you will receive your IFTA sticker and permit, California, Colorado and Oregon permit (if you had an Oregon last year).  You must have these various state permits in your truck by January 1, 2012.  If your truck is permitted for the Mid-America fleet you will only receive the IFTA sticker and permit.  As in years past, the IFTA sticker and permit have been extended through February 28, 2012.


If you haven’t been through Oregon and gotten your tax weight receipt you have 3 options on how to obtain the it:

  • Stop at the port Monday – Friday between hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.  You do not need to pay for it as it will be charged to our account.
  • Call the phone number in your permit book.  It is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • Call the Permit Department with a fax number and we will order it and fax it to you.  Please give us plenty of notice so you will not be delayed waiting for the fax.


The fine is $495 if you enter Oregon without the tax weight receipt.


This post is a follow up to what Len Dunman posted on the 16th, concerning California’s Office of Administrative Law about registering small fleets of trucks between the model years 1996-1999.  You only have to register if your truck/engine falls within these years.  If you have a truck older or newer that this, you may continue to enter the state of California, and you will be instructed to register your truck at a later date.